Thursday 8 March 2012

What a sad society we live in.

I just found this beautiful little girl
on Gumtree. The owner is giving her away because her daughter now wants a rabbit. Yes that is orange in her tiny tiny cage. As most people know you cannot give hamsters citrus in any form. I am in the process of trying to rehome her with me as the cage she is in is tiny, and she is beautiful and deserves much better. 

What a sad society this is to think of hamsters as throwaway pets. It makes me so angry to see things like this. I just thought I would share this as it has upset and angered me, to see her tiny face and think she is unwanted.

Wish me luck.

9 comments:

  1. And it doesn't end there, people think loving a rodent is silly and childish. I've had arguments with my parents because of the matter. They don't let me take my gerbils to the vet if they get ill, and one of my hamsters died of an infection of some sort and I had to watch her suffer. It makes me so sad and angry... Why can't people see that they are alive and conscious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you adopting her? I hope you are, if not send me the link, because I would hate for that hamster to suffer and never be adopted. It's just plain awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh the woman isn't answering me and apparently she has been adopted out already, I just hope the new owners know not to keep her in that cage.

    We live in hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has this woman answered finally...? Do you know this for sure this hammie has already been adopted...? Maybe they just don't answer, you know... People do this sometimes, you need to be patient... Just tell me when I can finish keeping my fingers crossed, they may become handy ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. No reply yet, but I've got everything crossed! I'll give it til Sunday then I'm giving up hope, by then I will probably have cramp in my crossed fingers lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Sunday... whatever happens, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for her, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That poor little hamster! I hope you get her, you could give her the home she deserves.

    Animal Mommy

    www.theanimalmommysanimals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. No luck guys, still no replies. Lets just hope she went to a home with someone who will really look after her :)

    ReplyDelete